What to Expect
Medical visits are completed in a young adult setting where you will find a medical team that is passionate about working with young people.
What you can expect from CHIP
- First visit will be with the linkage to care coordinator and a social worker to learn more about you and provide information about CHIP, medical treatment, and needed services like insurance coverage.
- High quality health care including sick visits and preventative care
- Social work support and referrals, if needed
- Annual substance abuse screening
- Visits with members of our multidisciplinary team including our dietician, pharmacist and mental health specialist (counselor).
- You might have the opportunity to participate in clinical research studies through the Adolescent Trials Network (LINK?)
What we expect from you
- We expect you to arrive on-time for your scheduled appointments. This time has been set aside for you.
- Please call if you have to reschedule your appointment or if you are going to be late.
- If transportation is a barrier, please contact your social worker 24 hours before your appointment to explore transportation resources.
- If you do not have health insurance you will need to complete financial screening at Children’s Hospital Colorado.