How does healthcare reform affect me?
> read more
- Colorado Medicaid is public health insurance for Coloradans who qualify. In 2012, new programs were added to Medicaid including the Medicaid Buy-In Programs for People with Disabilities and Adults without Dependent Children.
- When you apply for Medicaid, your eligibility will be determined based on the information you put in your application. Your age, family size, income and other information asked for in the application are used to ensure you are enrolled in the program that best meets your needs.
- NOTE: Medicaid and Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+) are both public health insurance programs for Coloradans who qualify. When you apply for Medicaid, you are applying for both Medicaid and CHP+. You do not need to turn in more than one application for you or your family.
- NOTE: You may also qualify for Presumptive Eligibility (PE) if you are pregnant or are under the age of 19. Submit an application to your local PE Site. Your application for Medicaid/CHP+ will be forwarded to your local County Department of Human/Social Services on your behalf.
Connect for Health Colorado – Colorado’s Healthcare Exchange
- Connect for Health Colorado is the only place where Coloradans can access new financial assistance, based on income and other factors, to reduce the cost of health insurance.
- With Connect for Health Colorado, you can shop, compare, pick and purchase the health plan that is right for you. Before you shop, you can browse our health plans and you can check to see if you qualify for financial assistance. Our Marketplace is for Coloradans of all income levels who:
- Buy health insurance on their own
- Do not have health insurance
- Do not have access to affordable coverage through an employer
- Are not eligible for Medicaid